The anti-medicinal cannabis crusader, Honorable Mayor of Johnsonville, and El Presidente of United Future Peter Dunne has bizarrely abandoned local issues to take on POTUS Donald Trump via a ferocious open letter that will be neither read nor sent.
Perhaps Mr Dunne is trying to expand his dwindling Party Membership toward dissatisfied Democrats.
Perhaps Mr Dunne is eyeing up a future electorate to retire in come Oct 2017.
It is always difficult to read the motivations behind the mystical ways of the bow-tied master of fence sitting.
He has however on this occasion peaked my interest enough for to ask, just what are the differences between Dunne and Trump?
Let us see:
- One has a bizarre hair style, and the other is Donald Trump
- One has a political voice far outweighing his voter mandate, and the the other is Donald Trump
- One has a habit of saying lots, doing little, and blaming other people for it, and the other in Donald Trump
- One has a history of engaging in insult swapping on Twitter, and the other is Donald Trump
- One comes from a town with no Mexican Restaurants, and the other is Donald Trump
- One is a career politician who does what he is told to say in power, and the other is Donald Trump
- One is a Billionaire making bank from unpaid bills, and the the other is Peter Dunne
- One is the guy no-one picked to win, and the other is Peter Dunne
- One divides opinion, makes headlines, and baits the media, the other is Peter Dunne
- One has a Political Career in 2018, and the other is Peter Dunne
So there you have it, a five minute once over lightly analysis that produced a clear win to Donald with a 10-nil thrashing.
What can Mr Dunne take from this?
Well Pete, Petey, Pete-sta, if you cant even beat Trump, mate it’s time to go.